This Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze is so delicious! Just one bite of this cake will have you baking it over and over again!
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, approximately 3-4 apples, peeled, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped small
- 3/4 cups butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
How To Make Apple Pecan Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, sugar and eggs, mix until nice and creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to large bowl. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into generously greased and floured tube pan (you can use two loaf pans in place of a tube pan).
- Bake at 325° for approximately 1 hour. Check using a tooth pick at about 50 minutes, and if it comes out clean, then your cake is done. If using the loaf pans, make sure to check it at about 50 minutes as well.
Making the glaze
- In a small pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 10 minutes, continue stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir. Let cool.
- Once caramel glaze has cooled a bit, pour over the top of cake.