Craving some cake, but still hungry for pie? This fruity dessert combines the best of both worlds, with apple-pie goodness blended into a moist sheet cake.
- 1cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3cups water
- 1/3cup oil
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Arrange apple mixture evenly over cake batter and sprinkle with Topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely, about 2 hours.