- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium- high heat. Once butter begins to boil, continuously swirl pan to prevent burning. Continue until butter darkens to an amber color, then remove from heat.
- Add the brown sugar to the warm butter and stir until fully integrated. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fold coconut into the batter and then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes. Let bars fully cool before slicing.