Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole is super rich and creamy. A perfect meal to grace your dinner table. The rice soaks up all the wonderful flavors and balances out the tender pieces of chicken.
- 1 Box rice a roni chicken flavor
- 4 C. Shredded chicken
- 1 Can cream of onion soup
- 8 oz. Sour cream
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- French fried onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the Rice a Roni according to the package instructions.
- Stir the soup and sour cream into the rice.
- Add the chicken to the rice mixture and stir.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove, let cool for 5 minutes, garnish with french fried onions if desired and serve.