This cabbage soup recipe does the impossible: it uses an entire head of cabbage in one go! Nearly every time I buy a cabbage, I whittle away at it for weeks, adding some to a slaw, some to a bowl, more to a taco, and so on. So the first time I made this cabbage soup recipe, I was shocked. I started by adding half of my cabbage. As it wilted down, it melted into the soup with the aromatic veggies and herbs. I didn’t want it to disappear – I was making cabbage soup, after all – so I added more. Before I knew it, every last ounce of my cabbage was in the pot!
- 1 large cabbage.
- 2 small onions diced
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes.
- 1 pouch Lipton Onion Soup Mix any flavor.
- 1 large celery chopped very small.
- Ground beef
How To Make Easy Cabbage Soup
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water, bring to a boil, then add the vegetables, then bring to a simmer.
- Cook 1-2 pounds of burger separately draining any fat.
- Add any spices you like and Lipton soup mix.
- Add the meat, simmer for a few more minutes then taste