When it comes to dumplings, our general opinion is that you can’t go wrong. Carbs? Yes please. Carbs with a delicious treat tucked inside? Even better. These easy peach dumplings fall into the later category and we promise you’ll be hooked with the first bite!
- 2 15 oz canned peaches, drained
- 2 8 ounce refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cup sprite or citrus soda
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and thoroughly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Open crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Place one or two peach slices (depending on size) at the wide end of the dough triangle. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and roll dough around peach.
- Once dough is secure, move dumpling to the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in a large bowl and combine with the white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining cinnamon until smooth.
- Using a large spoon, pour the butter mixture over the dumplings.
- Pour the Sprite around the dough avoiding the tops for a crispy crust to the dumplings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the dough is just browning on top.
- Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream.