This is Pickled Beets recipe that was learned and passed down generation after generation. It is a simple recipe needing only a few ingredients.
This is the perfect recipe to use when you have an abundance of beets.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to preserve your bounty of beets this season, look no further. This Refrigerator Pickled Beets recipe is easy to follow and results in a tasty treat that you can enjoy all year long.
Ingredients ( Servings 8 )
- 4 medium roasted beets , cooled, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (dry) ground mustard
- 5 whole black peppercorns
How To Make Refrigerator Pickled Beets
- Bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and mustard to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for a few minutes; take off the heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Add peppercorns and beets to a clean glass jar with a tight fitting lid. (This particular recipe fits nicely into a 1 liter sized jar.) Pour the brine in, covering all the beets.
- Cover and set aside for several hours (or up to 24), then transfer to the refrigerator.