We’re jazzing up a couple of cans of baked beans and turning them into a sensational summer side dish. Southern-style baked beans are what every cookout or barbecue needs to really make a classic summer meal come together.
- 2 (28 oz) cans baked beans with bacon
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5-6 slices thick cut bacon, diced ½ inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine baked beans, ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour bean mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Place bacon slices evenly over top of beans. Baked uncovered for 60-90 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cooked through. Serve warm.